Social Media Marketing
Social Media Marketing Strategy will be dependent of your marketing goals (SEO, PR, or Traffic), your target audience and your resources (man hours).
What is Social Media? Social Media is one of many internet marketing channels which provides the ability to engauge your audience in meaningful conversation about your products, issue areas, products and brand. Plus, has the amaing potential to go viral.
The social media marketing umbrella includes sites that are both Web 2.0 and Web 1.0 – basically you want to be anywhere that enables discussions, sharing, and user-generated content (UGC), such as:
- Blogs and Forums / Discussion Boards
- Consumer Review Sites
- Social Networks / Online Communities
- Social Bookmarking Sites
- Social News Sites
- Social Music Sites
- Video and Photo Sharing Sites
What Can Social Media Margeting Do?
Social media can engage your audience, encourage online conversations that are user-generated, increase your web presence, expand brand awareness, generate publicity (both good & bad) and provide SEO benefits. It doesn’t convert.
For most marketers, social media has no ROI but is great for:
- Brand building
- Relationship management
- Product development
- Reputation management
- Customer interaction
- Customer feedback
- Customer support
- Community building
- Defensive SEO – Bury your bad press with positive UGC
Develope a Social Media Markeging Plan
- Determine where relavent coversation are happening
- Gather all relavent site and segment by type, target audience and interest.
- Campaign specific marketing strategies and tactics by social media type